Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

ETUSC

Dave and I are helping Connor pack for camp.  Camp is from August 8th - 14th.  Connor is 13 and this is the first time he has ever gone to camp EVER.  And he chooses a camp on the other side of the country.  ;o)  Not only that.  But he has NEVER been away for a week without us.  He leaves early tomorrow morning on an airplane.  Dave is flying with him.  They then have a four hour drive after getting off the plane from Nashville to Jonesboro TN.  Then Dave will fly back next week to pick him up.

Connor doesn't show any signs of being excited OR nervous.  We asked him if he wanted a calling card so he could call home during the week.  And he said "No, I'll be fine."  What!!  But what about ME ~ your MOM?  And he's just as cool as a cucumber about everything.  Doesn't seem to have the jitters At all.  He has always been the kids that could walk right up to anybody and talk to them and hang out.  Never any worries about anything.  I guess that is what is going on right now.  He knows he'll make friends and have a great time.  When I was a kid and went to camp for a week, I remember being so homesick and just scared about all the people I didn't know.  Of course I always had a super time.  But the initial getting acquainted time was so scary for me.  Hopefully he will have none of that.

We asked if he wanted a disposable camera.  And he doesn't want to take pictures.  He didn't want a camp shirt either.  "Why would I want that?", he asks.  Don't you want to have ANYthing to remember camp by?  So I ordered him a camp shirt anyway.  So if he changes his mind, he will have it.  Also, my mom is buying him a disposable camera (just in case).  You know.  Things are always different once you get there.

I know Connor will be fine and he'll have a great time and make some awesome new friends.  I can't wait to hear all about it.

No comments: