Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Green Smoothies

Dave and I have been drinking GREEN SMOOTHIES since October.  We have both gotten healthier in the sense that we don't get sick and we are losing unwanted pounds.  Connor has since started drinking them.  He is starting out slowly and I DO mean slowly.  Dave drinks one 8oz glass a day.  I drink (usually) two 8oz glasses a day and Connor drinks one 8oz glass a day sometimes.  I haven't heard from him any changes he's experienced yet.  But I'll keep you posted when I find out.  


So, drinking green smoothies means having LOTS of greens available to put IN the smoothies.  So that means going to the market OFTEN.  Well, I've been doing that and loving finding all kinds of fun greens to put in our green drink.  


Then one day I went over to our neighbor's house.  (Hilda, you may remember her from a previous post)  She has the most wonderful raised bed garden in her side yard.  And she is growing GREENS ~ all kinds of chard, spinach, cilantro, parsley.  And she had been most gracious to offer it to ME.  OMG, it is Wonderful.  And the best part is she says I can have all I want because she doesn't eat it.  WHAT!!!!  I've been trying to get her to drink them like I do.  But haven't been successful yet.  I'll get there.  

No comments: